Saturday, February 6, 2010

Random Law School Update 7

Location: DC Snowpocalypse 2010

I am sitting here, in the midst of an epic snowpocalypse, super sick, with multitudes of law school studying that may never get done, and I decided that today is a good day to write an update about perspective.

Start by watching this touching public service announcement from the UK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM. I have watched it six times now and it still gives me tingles. In part because it is beautifully performed, in part because it sums up an innate human desire to protect the ones we care about. When it comes to death, we are often so helpless, and the thought that we might be empowered to change the course of an otherwise tragic outcome creates an indescribably unique and fantastic emotional sensation.

Two of the most beautiful, intelligent and compassionate human beings I know are currently battling cancer. I know that many, if not most, of you have watched loved ones struggle with cancer and still, I have not been able to find anyone who can tell me what to tell them to make it all better.

I want more than anything to be their seatbelt.

If you don’t mind taking a moment out of your busy day, I would like to enlist your help in trying to provide them as much support as I can. Please post a comment to Meghan’s fanpage at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/For-the-love-of-Meghan/275219697466?ref=ts. Beth doesn’t have a fanpage yet, but if you send me an uplifting message I will compile them and send them to her as a batch.

For more perspective on life and courage, read Meghan’s blog. I suggest reading from the beginning: http://ms-mae.blogspot.com/.

Love,

Melissa

No comments: