Friday, September 28, 2012

Random Law School Update 36


Last Location: Lelystad, The Netherlands
Arrival Date: September 13, 2012
Departure Date: September 18, 2012

Present Location: Barcelona, Spain
Arrival Date: August 26, 2012
Departure Date: December 22, 2012*

Next Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Arrival Date: September 28, 2012
Departure Date: October 2, 2012

On my last day in the Netherlands I visited the Van Gogh museum where I learned that Vincent was 26 when he first embarked on a career as an artist. A career that lasted a mere 10 years before he shot himself fatally in the chest. It made me think that I am not yet too old to discover an incredible talent and die young. An inspiring thought.

Spain feels like home. I have been thinking lately that travel feels like home to me. It is a nice feeling. I wonder if it could ever last.

I went into the beautiful hospital near my school for a blood test last week. It took time to work out the international insurance, but less time than it takes me to work out domestic insurance at home. And my international insurance covers at 100%, which is nice. Lab results were good. I am happy.

Today I go to Lisbon.

Love,

Melissa

No comments: