Sunday, October 21, 2007

Random Travel Update 6

Last location: Seoul, South Korea
Arrival Date: September 26, 2007
Departure Date: October 18, 2007

Current Location: Beijing, China
Arrival Date: October 18, 2007
Departure Date: October 22, 2007

Next Stop: Hong Kong and Macau

Photos available at http://community.webshots.com/user/lmn8co2

It's been a beautiful month. October came to Seoul like a breath of relief from the hot and rainy September. A lot has happened in the last four weeks, more than I can possibly write about in the short moments I have to myself with my computer. The most important update is that I have finally uploaded my pictures from San Francisco, Taiwan, Seoul and Beijing with captions. Unfortunately, webshots will not load here in China so you will have to wait for the more recent photos. Please do read the captions, as they will help to convey the story of my trip in the absence of my explaining it here. Feel free to send me questions and I will answer them in the next update.

I arrived in Beijing on Monday with a cold. I knew it would happen eventually. I am treating it with Vitamin C, Echinacea, Azithromycin, Tylenol Cold & Flu, Coldeze, Airborn, Zicam, and now two forms of Chinese medicine, that I was prescribed at the hospital next door. The helpful man from the hostel who took me to the hospital assured me that the Chinese drugs are all herbal and won't kill me.

The Great Wall was glorious, everything I had dreamed it would be and more, with a toboggan ride included! Beijing is absolutely charming, the food is good, and the weather is near perfect. I leave for Hong Kong and Macau tomorrow, then off to UAE and India next week. It may get harder to find internet, but I will do my best to keep sending updates and photos.

Love,

Melissa

No comments: